I almost started this blog telling you of our origin story. While it is a thrilling tale of adventure and drama the REAL story isn’t where we’ve been, but where we are going.
EGI Inc. is a focused, refined version of End Grain Industries. We’ve gone through countless value proposition sessions, web design meetings and debates over colour theory to land where we are. We are proud of what we’ve built, and we’re excited to show it to you.
Our message is simple: we fix broken business processes and the systems that support them.
How we do that varies from project to project, but we’ve combined our two passions by using process design and technical analysis to fix WHAT people are doing and the TOOLS they are doing it with. Along with our integrated approach, this means lasting change for the better.
The biggest change has to be our new product line. We’ve packaged our genius into a few DIY guides and have designed three facilitated sessions that our clients have found most valuable. Here’s a bit about each:
DIY Guides with expert insights
- Hire a Product Owner: this guide gives you everything you need to hire a Product Owner. The PO role is critical for Agile development teams and Agile can’t work without one. Included:
- Job description
- Custom interview guide generator, complete with interview questions
- PO Aptitude Test
- Transition to Agile: this guide lays out the steps you need to do to transition your development team to Agile. This breaks Agile down into its most critical parts and leaves out the elements you can mature into. Included:
- How to set up and configure your new backlogs
- How to set up your new Intake process
- A development lifecycle process flow example
- Agile ceremony explanations and examples
- Change communication templates, including emails and feedback surveys
- Prioritize the Pain: a session where we get all your pain points out on the table with your team. We’ll talk them through, assign a business value and effort score to them and then plot them on a matrix. You’ll know what you should be working on and, more importantly, what you should not be working on.
- Agile for Development teams: a session where we help you figure out what’s holding your transition to Agile back and we do what needs to be done to fix it. You’ll leave with the templates, sprint schedule, or whatever else you need to jump into Agile.
- Agile for Business teams: a session where we work with business teams who are having trouble engaging with their own Agile development team, or who want to adopt the right Agile methods for their own project management.
When you love what you do, it just works
We are thrilled to have crossed this milestone and have our clients, past and present, to thank. We appreciate your belief in what we do and how we do it. It’s not a conventional experience and you’ve helped us grow into the thriving business we are today.
Our clients often ask us how we got the idea to create this business. We’ve reflected on the answer and it really boils down to the fact that we LOVE problem-solving. We tackle problems by looking at human process and technology systems but at the end of the day, we know we’ve accomplished what we set out to do when the problem is solved, the weight is lifted, the blocker is gone and our clients can move again. We love it, and it just works.